users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Calling EJB from static IP mapped to LAN ip

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:14:04 PDT

Hi

Let us assume you have a domain called mydomain.com registered and that it points to your static ip.

then

open GF admin console and

got to server-config > ORB > IIOP Listeners

then click on each of them and replace 0.0.0.0 for mydomain.com

If you use JMS, go to Java Message Service > JMS Hosts > Default JMS host and again replace 0.0.0.0 for mydomain.com

Edit the hosts file in the server and add an entry that maps
mydomain.com to 127.0.0.1

If you don't have a domain name for your static ip address, just make one up, edit the hosts file in the server and map this domain name to 127.0.0.1 and then edit the hosts file in the client and map that domain name to your static ip.

It works for me in GF 2.1, I must though say that launching the app client through Java WS is a bit slow....
[Message sent by forum member 'pablopina']