users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Issues with JavaMail in OSGi Bundle

From: Sanjeeb Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:07:11 +0530

Is the description given below correct?

You have an OSGi bundle which is making use of JavaMail APIs. When your
bundle calls certain JavaMail API, JavaMail is using javax.activation,
which in turn is failing to locate META-INF/mailcap resources bundled as
part of JavaMail bundle resulting in UnsupportedDataTypeException.

If this is correct, can I request you to try setting the context class
loader temporarily to JavaMail bundle's class loader before calling
JavaMail API and resetting back to what it used to be after the call.
e.g., something like this:

void foo() {
    ClassLoader tcl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
    try {

Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(javax.mail.Session.class.getClassLoader());
* // now call JavaMail API
* } finally {
      Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(tcl);
    }
}

Your bundle should import javax.mail package.