users@glassfish.java.net

Re: 3.0.1Ear App Client starts when run from netbeans but not through web start

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:58:15 PDT

Forgive me if I am in the wrong thread but I have a problem that seems connected and if anyone could point the right way it would be hugely useful.

I have a set of (maybe 50) demonstration projects I use as a teacher and I want to move them from GF1 to GF3, so I can modernise to EE 6 where appropriate. The bulk of them have migrated well but three or four use application clients launched from web start and I can't get any appplication client at all to launch in web start using GF3.

The projects work when run in NetBeans 6.9 and if I deploy them to GF2 everything runs as expected with no problems.

I've created test projects from the beginning in NetBeans 6.9, tried updating GF3 to 3.0.1 and 3.1, the JWS and JRE to 6 u21, clearing the Java cache and deleting the java-web-start in the domain but so far without success.

There's a lot of variables in all this and I have seen a range of error messages, but one I think I can replicate with a minimalist test project just consisting of an Application Client that relies on no other module.

#### Unable to load resource: http://localhost:8080/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system_s1as.jnlp

I'd be very grateful indeed for any advice, this problem is very puzzling. I can post a sample test project if anyone would be kind enough to try it at their end.

- Richard
[Message sent by forum member 'richard_walker']