users@glassfish.java.net

third party jars

From: Martin, Ray <armart3_at_tycho.ncsc.mil>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 07:33:02 -0400

Using netbeans 6.8

Have been working in glassfish v2 - yesterday switched to v3 - wow. (big
changes in the JPA.)

After many hours of work, got all the errors out of the EJBModule
project.

It deploys.

It starts when commanded from the SOAP interface.

It crashes as soon as a third party library is called - JSON in this
case. Though the oracle library must have been seen because database
connections are working. The JSON jar has other dependencies like
commons-*.

All third party jars have been packaged into the EJBModule jar.

I built the project in SE using JPA and the third party jars - runs
great.

I built a similar project as a web app where the EJBs, JPA, and third
party jars are used - runs great.

Wow - am I sorry that I changed to v3.

I have searched and searched - I cannot be the only guy who has this
problem - but, I can find no solution.

Thought maybe it was netbeans' fault - so, deployed using admin console
- same problem. So, I guess it is a packaging problem??? A manifest
problem??? wow