users@glassfish.java.net

Clean way to install a new version of EclipseLink

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 05:19:37 PDT

Glassfish 3.0.1 contains several persistence related jars, among them:

./glassfish/modules/org.eclipse.persistence.antlr.jar
./glassfish/modules/org.eclipse.persistence.asm.jar
./glassfish/modules/org.eclipse.persistence.core.jar
./glassfish/modules/org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.jar
./glassfish/modules/org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.modelgen.jar
./glassfish/modules/org.eclipse.persistence.oracle.jar
(...)

This is EclipseLink v2.0.1.

What would be the correct way to update to EclipseLink 2.0.2, or 2.1.0? I found this page: http://blogs.sun.com/GlassFishPersistence/entry/updating_eclipselink_bundles_in_glassfish, but as the comments on that page already indicate, this doesn't look like a very solid approach, because the list of required jars could change at any time.

- I'm trying to compare this to installing plugins into Eclipse (Equinox): They use a feature.xml, which lists all the required plugins (OSGi bundles) for that feature, with versions. Is there such a mechanism for Glassfish, too, and can I make use of it to update e. g. EclipseLink or other frameworks?

- Is copying the jars into the folder really enough, or should I somehow register the bundles in Glassfish (via an XML file or similar)?

What is the cleanest way to perform such an update?

Thanks
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chris_l']