users@glassfish.java.net

HTTP Header Content changes

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 07:19:36 PDT

Hi,

Can anybody told me where is setting for http header contents in Glassfish?

I need to change HTTP header content for response.

Our application have 130 request for static files (.xslt, .js, .css, ...) I was thinking instead of simple caching to implement max-age in HTTP header response.

With regular caching, browser send request to check the version of files on server and response is 304, but when you have 130 requests with delay of 0.3sec (across the world) you get very big delay.

Can also any body tell me how to suppress this static file requesting from browser, but not just simple switch of cache check in browser, and will this max-age=14400 (4 hours).

Thanks,
Dragan
[Message sent by forum member 'krtalic']