users@glassfish.java.net

Accessing a remote http service from Glassfish using springframework.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 03:42:59 PDT

Hi,

I have a problem when accessing a remote service from Glassfish within the spring framework as I get the error below (I replaced the actual address with 3 dots). If I run the same code outside of Glassfish (just doing a run from Netbeans) then it runs ok. I don't have the actual code that makes the call to invoke as it is a third party implementation. So my question is could this be a Glassfish issue (configuration maybe) or is it more likely to be an issue in the 3rd party code.

INFO: org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [http://.../remoting/async-processor-httpinvoker]; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Did not receive successful HTTP response: status code = 504, status message = [No response from server]
SEVERE: org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [http://lm-doc-family:14002/DocBase2/remoting/async-processor-httpinvoker]; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Did not receive successful HTTP response: status code = 504, status message = [No response from server]
        at org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.convertHttpInvokerAccessException(HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.java:211)
        at org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.invoke(HttpInvokerClientInterceptor.java:160)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at $Proxy134.doSeededTasksWithProps(Unknown Source)

Thanks for any help.
[Message sent by forum member 'agush']