users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Null _at_PersistenceContext: no errors, no warnings?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:31:43 PDT

> The point is, injectable beans must come from a bean
> archive, and a bean archive must have a beans.xml
> marker file.

[i]That[/i] part I got, but what was [i]not[/i] obvious was that all their superclasses must also be in a bean archive. You would think that CDI could figure out that if ConcreteClass comes from a bean archive, OK, it is potentially injectable--but it makes no sense to me that if ConcreteClass inherits from AbstractClass--which has, say, a @PersistenceContext in it--then AbstractClass's jar must [i]also[/i] be a bean archive. Surely that's not necessary?

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']