users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OSGI bundle - Lazy Loading entities in seperate bundle fails to deploy

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 06:06:50 PDT

Hi Mitesh,

Thanks for the reply. It does work when the entities are in the same bundle. Unfortunately that defeats the modularity of OSGI. I would like to have multiple bundles providing different services - and using different entities. A simple scenario would be two osgi bundles providing services that use entities in a shared "entities.jar" which is also an osgi bundle.

Our application will have multiple modules, and not all need to be deployed for the system to be operational. To combine everything into one big bundle would put us back to square one with a monolithic system.

Can I get some idea as to whether this will ever be supported? Does anyone else think it is a good idea, or am I "barking up the wrong tree" so to speak?

Cheers
Cameron
[Message sent by forum member 'cameronr']