users@glassfish.java.net

Re: About the [MQ Scheme] and [MQ Service] in glassfish's JMS Service Configurations.

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:50:37 +0100

The JMS Resource Adapter (which is the class that is throwing that exception) is only for use within the application
client container, or the Glassfish server itself. And because you defined your connection factory in Glassfish it is
configured to use a resource adapter.

If you want to define your connection factories using Glassfish's JNDI you need to use the Application Client Container
(see http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4336/beaku?a=view for how to use this).

(You could also by-pass Glassfish altogether and use a simple MQ client, creating your connection factory either in code
or using the MQ admin console).

Nigel