users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Communications Exception after wait_timeout expires in MySQL 5

From: Loren Cole <loren.cole_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:04:31 -0500

It's a bit silly to reply after so long, but I was looking over my old
posts and figured I'd tie this one up in case someone else with this
problem stumbles along.

I ran into trouble because we decided to deploy our .war and our
EJB.jar separately and use a remote interface instead of packaging
them together in an .ear. So, I was using @Remote but wanted a
container managed entity manager. This was our first EJB3 project and
while cribbing examples of remote beans I copied the @PersistenceUnit
annotation, which supplied an application managed entity manager, when
I really wanted @PersistenceContext.

It was a totally a boneheaded move on my part, which took way too long
to sort out. Really, it's a wonder the thing worked at all, Glassfish
v3 choked on it, but v2 would deploy and run...