users@glassfish.java.net

Portable but custom global EJB names - are they really portable?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:40:32 PDT

Hi. Here: https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html#How_do_I_define_my_own_portable_global is says that we can specify custom portable names putting something like this on a bean we want to name:

@EJB(name = "java:global/MyCustomName|, beanInterface = SomeInterface.class)

It seems to work in GF (both standalone and embedded) and it could be a workaround for some of the problems I am experiencing with embedded. However, is this specified somewhere? I can honestly say that I tried to look for it in the EJB 3.1 spec but didn't find anything.
So, how is it?

A minor complaint - it is very simple to forget the 'beanInterface' attribute, especially for @LocalBean (no interface), but it is required, but GF doesn't complain about it, it simply ignores it (checked on 3.1 build 07). This should probably be changed.
[Message sent by forum member 'szczyp']