users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish V3 - Running as Windows Service in Windows 2008 Server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:01:32 PDT

Seriously. I can't believe it has to be said, but if you don't actually have an answer, then don't try to give one. The question is not about how to create a domain. The question is about creating a service on Windows. GF v2 had a tool to specifically do that. GF v3 seems to not have one. I'm not sure exactly how to do this yet, but I'm looking too. Please, do not reply if someone has used asadmin etc or give v2 paths folks, all this does is create chatter which doesn't solve the problem for v3. The OP knows how to create a service for v2. This is specifically about v3, and again, it is not about creating a domain or asadmin unless asadmin has a "Create an operating system service wrapper" command.
[Message sent by forum member 'wadechandler']