users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish + Metro web service + Custom realm

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:14:08 PDT

Hello experts,

I've created a web service (metro 1.3) I've enabled the security, but the Glassfish (open source 3.0.1) is using file realm for authentication. I want to use my own custom realm which is similar to jdbc realm. With my WAR & EJB modules it works like a charm, but I don't know how to change the realm for web service. I have two questions:
1) Where should I create web services? In EJB or in WAR module?
2) How to change the realm for web service(s) authentication?

Thank you in advance!
[Message sent by forum member 'ladislav_gredi']