users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Need design suggestions

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:23:42 PDT

I have not tried your approach. However, i think that the problem must remain. The big deal for me is that jsf managed beans cannot be called outside a request initiated thread, because their are not instantiated. Thus all my applications beans, session beans and request beans (JPA controllers) cannot be reused.

Also I was reviewing this post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/315073/jsf-initialize-application-scope-bean-when-context-initialized

That post could solve my problem, however i will need to instantiate every bean necessary. And my doubt is what will happen with the EntityManager since it is container managed.

Maybe i am wrong. I need to know if the TimerTask could execute inside the FacesContext and this context could be initiated at deploy time (for what i have searched it is impossible). That would be the perfect solution for me.

Thanks for the answer.
[Message sent by forum member 'gxcr']