users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish 3.1 File Layout one-pager available for review

From: Dominik Dorn <dominik.dorn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:22:05 +0200

I would really like it if user customized directories like domains/domain1
would not be in the glassfish folder, but somewhere else (e.g.
$HOME/.glassfish),
so that I can simply upgrade by extracting a new zip. Also own libraries should
be put there (like jdbc drivers) and glassfish should scan those
directories like
the normal /lib

also I don't like it, that auto-generated content is stored in
domains/domain1/generated as this blows up the directory with useless
data and makes it harder
to simply create a backup from a domain by copying the folder.