users@glassfish.java.net

first cup tutorial and "Target Unreachable"

From: <thomas_at_randspringer.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:15:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I do my very first steps with glassfish. I started to work through the tutorial
"Your First Cup: An Introduction to the Java EE Platform".

I followed the instructions on ...glassfishv3/glassfish/docs/firstcup/doc/p5.html
with Netbeans 6.9 as IDE under Linux.

However, when I run the final application the first problem is, that the age of Duke is not received. I get:

>snip
Duke is years old today.
>snip

instead of "Duke is 15 years old today."

When I fill out the formular with a birthdate
I get an error:

>snip
HTTP Status 500 -

typeException report
message
descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /resources/components/inputDate.xhtml @13,47 value="#{cc.attrs.date}": /greeting.xhtml @23,66 date="#{DukesBDay.yourBD}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'DukesBDay' resolved to null

root cause

javax.faces.component.UpdateModelException: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /resources/components/inputDate.xhtml @13,47 value="#{cc.attrs.date}": /greeting.xhtml @23,66 date="#{DukesBDay.yourBD}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'DukesBDay' resolved to null

root cause

javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /resources/components/inputDate.xhtml @13,47 value="#{cc.attrs.date}": /greeting.xhtml @23,66 date="#{DukesBDay.yourBD}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'DukesBDay' resolved to null

>snip

It seems that the managed bean DukesBDay is not accessable. I can post more information but what is relevant?

Best regards
Thomas