users@glassfish.java.net

JAX-RPC in a Java EE 5 or 6 project

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:57:37 PDT

Hi,

I think that JAX-RPC service endpoints and clients are available to Java EE 5 and Java EE 6 applications. Is that right?

In NetBeans IDE, I can only use JAX-RPC with J2EE 1.4 projects and that causes so many problems for me. If Java EE standards do not specifically restrict JAX-RPC to J2EE 1.4 projects, then I want to start beating the drum for NetBeans developers to fix the IDE.

<rant>What's worse is that the JAX-RPC plugin is no longer available in NetBeans 6.9. Why even bother supporting J2EE 1.4 in NetBeans if they are going to not support JAX-RPC? They also took away the XML schema designer, UML designer, and Visual Web JSF in previous releases. What other useful features are next on the chopping block?</rant>

Thanks,
Ryan
[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante']