users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Running embedded test with multimodule project

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:05:35 -0700

Major Péter wrote:
>> You can package EJBs in a war file, and it'll stay a single-module
>> artifact.
>>

> I have two web-module, this is not really an option for me.
> Now I had deployed my app with name 'something' and my lookups for
> java:global:something-else:... was working :/
>
> Other:
> Can I use the 'org.glassfish.ejb.embedded.glassfish.installation.root'
> property to point to a folder which contains in the correct hierarchy
> the domain.xml and some container-level libraries?

You can use to pint to an existing GF install. You'd also need
'org.glassfish.ejb.embedded.glassfish.instance.root' if your domain is
not under <install.root>/domains/domain1.

> Or: is there some docs, which I can read to know more about this magic
> properties?

The instance.root property is mentioned in
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-1208/gjldt?a=view but not the
install.root. This is because the supported configuration for 3.0 was
not a maven setup that you use, but running using a plain classpath with
the pre-installed GF.

Feel free to file a docs RFE for 3.1 ;).

Best,
-marina