users@glassfish.java.net

Problem deploying jax-ws web services in glass fish v2.1.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:30:26 PDT

Hi,

We are working on a SOA project containing around 17 web services developed using jax-ws / metro and the number is growing. From the very start we are facing performance/memory issues in deploying all these services together on the gf server. Some of the services get deployed, around 10, but after that it starts giving problems (randomly after some number of services). We get the following error:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'command' event for 'uploadButton'.

root cause

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'command' event for 'uploadButton'.

root cause

root cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 logs."

Another error we get is "Deployment Descriptor failed".

We have already increased the jvm memory size Xmax=1536M and Xmin=1536M and perm gen = 512M. jvm is used in server mode.

OS : Red Hat Linux v4.8
GF : v 2.1.1
JRE : v 1.5
[Message sent by forum member 'vipulss']