users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem running standalone Glassfish client as Eclipse plugin

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 07:24:56 PDT

Maybe the tools folks can add something about building an Eclipse RCP app.

About the long list of JARs required...

We don't have anything that maps the features a client needs to the JARs that must be present (for example, which JARs are needed for a client that accesses web services only). The list of JARs provided by the package-appclient script is designed to support [i]all[/i] possible client requirements. Indeed, that will normally be a longer list than is required by any one client.

Maybe some day we will have such a map that can help optimize the JAR list, but until then I'm afraid we have to live with the long list of JARs.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']