users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem running standalone Glassfish client as Eclipse plugin

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 06:53:49 PDT

Thanks for your reply, Stephan - this is really a shame.

Is anybody out there, who succeeded in running an Eclipse RCP app with GFv3 server over RMI? Is this such a rare thing?

Oracle/developers of GFv3: please provide the user community with a tried-and-tested solution, which allows us to include only the necessary Jars, not the entire kitchen sink in our Eclipse plugins (for example, I find it hard to believe that for RMI-based communication we need Grizzly and Web Services Jars).

This is currently a blocking issue for starting to migrate to GFv3 for us. I'm sure we're not alone with this (see also this related thread: http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=470777)

Anybody?

Many thanks, Andreas
[Message sent by forum member 'ansis']