users@glassfish.java.net

NullPointerException in CommonWorkManager

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 06:56:42 PDT

Hello; I'm finding that Glassfish embedded 3.1-b04 has a bug in the way its resource adapter stuff works.

I am using Arquillian to test a simple .ear file with an EJB in it. The .ear file also has a .rar file inside it.

Glassfish embedded recognizes the .rar file and loads it up and starts it. As part of its initialization, the resource adapter schedules work.

I get the following (partial) stack trace:

[code]
SEVERE: rardeployment.start_failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.sun.enterprise.connectors.work.CommonWorkManager.startWork(CommonWorkManager.java:265)
        at com.sun.enterprise.connectors.work.CommonWorkManager.startWork(CommonWorkManager.java:238)
        at com.sun.enterprise.connectors.work.WorkManagerProxy.startWork(WorkManagerProxy.java:86)
        at drools.jca.JCACompliantResourceChangeNotifier.start(JCACompliantResourceChangeNotifier.java:98)
[/code]

Is there anything at all I can do to work around this?

Thanks,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']