users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish issuses when testing RESTful web services

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:35:56 +0200

Hi,

Thanks i can reproduce using NetBeans RC 2 using GF 3.0.1 b20 when i
redeploy the application.

I think this is a GF bug related to CDI integration. GF seems to think
Jersey's ServletContainer should be a CDI managed bean when in fact
Jersey's ServletContainerInitializer is creating instances of
ServletContainer and adding those to the ServletContext using:

http://java.sun.com/javaee/6/docs/api/javax/servlet/ServletContext.html#addServlet%28java.lang.String,%20javax.servlet.Servlet%29

If you remove the WEB-INF/beans.xml it works correctly.

Can you log an issue against GF either attaching your example or
linking to the forum message with the attachment?

Paul.