users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish issuses when testing RESTful web services

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:25:28 +0200

On Jun 10, 2010, at 11:08 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Thank you for a reply.
> I am using Glassfish v3 on Windows XP SP2
> Before I send you anything i would like to ask you something that
> may help faster.
>
> In tutorial I mentioned you have 3 classes: ApplicationConfig,
> NameBean and NameService
> In my enterprise application in netbeans i have web app and ebj app.
> Where should i place those classes ?

I would expect those EJBs would be in the web app. In that tutorial
you do not need to create a ear. It is presenting an EJB 3.1 feature
where EJBs can be present in the war, it means you do not need to use
an ear unless you require other EJB features like those EJBs running
from within an ORB (IIRC).

> If I put them to wep app I get errors I mentioned but when I put
> them into ejb project defining my ejb's all errors disappear but
> then I cannot access my web service ?

For the latter i think that may be a scanning issue with the servlet
support not detecting root resource classes in the the ear (i do not
actually know if that is a bug or a EE 6 limitation).

Paul.