users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EclipseLink - that's a little more information than I needed (in the log..)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 16:41:16 PDT

Thanks for the helpful comments. I set a breakpoint [i]after[/i] the commit in the
EJB routine that called EntityManager.persist(). I could go into an external
query tool and see that the version and update time of the row had been
updated.

Then, step through the code and run a named query which re-queries the
database and is outside the context of any merged or detached entity instances
and, oddly enough, the version has been updated to the latest but the updated
time of the same row is stale.

No doubt a bug. I even tried calling EntityManager.find() to ensure that there
was no flush context problems occurring, but this made no difference. I've
gone back to basics on this now.

Thanks,
Brendan.
[Message sent by forum member 'healeyb']