users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish V2.1.1 to V3 migration - JCA ClassLoader problem

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:18:34 +0530

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 09:57 -0700, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Looking through my code I see that my web app uses my custom implementation classes of JCA interfaces such as Connection, ConnectionFactory, Interaction, InteractionSpec, etc. I could probably change the code to reference these objects using the interface type, because those interfaces should be on the classpath.
>
> Really the only classes that my web app needs to access from inside the .RAR are classes that implement the Record interface, and any model objects that those classes use.
>
> I'm going to try the following:
>
> 1) Move classes that implement Record into a separate .jar file that is not bundled inside the .RAR or .WAR file. I'll place this new .jar file in /domain1/lib. I'll also move model objects that the Records use into this new .jar.

This will work.

If you do not want this to be exposed to all applications, you can do
the following :
[Since the model objects are shared by .RAR and .WAR, it fits to be a
library jar]
a) make the library jar available in <domain>/lib/applibs
b) use "deploy --libraries library.jar .RAR
c) as Sahoo stated make sure that a resource-ref is defined in the .WAR
referring a connector-resource of the .RAR

Thanks,
-Jagadish