users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: character encoding

From: Dominik Dorn <dominik.dorn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:05:53 +0200

Yes, the message bundle is your properties file. Java
Internationalization (i18n)
works with message bundles, e.g.

message.properties (the default language of your webapp)
message_de.properties (translation to german)
message_ru.properties (translation to russian)
message_it.properties (translation to italian)
(see http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/ResourceBundle.html )

You have to encode the special characters in those files with utf-8
escape sequences
\u12345.

You can do this by hand or use a tool like native2ascii, but I don't
know how good
it works with Russian.

You then have to make sure, that the server sends the correct encoding
(UTF-8, you already got a solution for this previously)

Sometimes you have to use special output commands, in JSF its
h:outputText, don't know how its with JSP alone, but JSP is dead
anyway.

For the issue with martin: he said you SOUND like one of those local
idiots (meaning stupid people in _his_ local area using words like you
did), so he is neither racist, nor
does he say you are an idiot, just that your words where the same like
those being used by the local idiots.

One last advice: If you've got a problem, don't sit there for 5+
hours, day and night.
You will not solve it with that strategy. If I have learned anything
about Java, than that its quite unlikely to solve a problem when you
are very tired. Go to bed, get some sleep and your mind will figure
out a way for this while you're sleeping.

kr,
dominik

--
Dominik Dorn