users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EclipseLink - that's a little more information than I needed (in the log..)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 01:29:11 PDT

Thanks for your reply Martin, the thing is I'm using the JPA EntityManager to
perform my queries (using container managed persistence) and all the output is being written to the glassfish v3 server log by the persistence implementation/
web and/or ejb container, so I don't know if the suggested approach will work.

Presumably there must be a solution to this for production environments, I can
switch all the log levels off but as I'm developing at present it's not a sensible
approach.

I'm using a "logging application exception handler" which can handle chained
exceptions and it tells me everything I want to know about any exception that
occurs, in about 4-10 lines out log output, so I don't need the additional 300 lines
of stack trace that's getting spewed out.

Thanks,
Brendan.
[Message sent by forum member 'healeyb']