users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Incomplete installation of v2.1.1 on openSUSE?

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <shreedhar.ganapathy_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:19:24 -0700

You probably missed reading the full install instructions on the
download page
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2.1.1-final.html :

"Download one of the bundles to disk, set JAVA_HOME to the JDK you have
installed on your system.
Run:
    % java -Xmx256m -jar filename.jar
This command will unbundle GlassFish and create a new directory
structure rooted under a directory named 'glassfish'.

  % cd glassfish
If you are using a machine with an operating system that is a derivative
of UNIX(tm), set the execute permission for the Ant binaries that are
included with the GlassFish bundle.
     % chmod -R +x lib/ant/bin
     % lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup.xml
OR for Windows:
     % lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup.xml
For GlassFish v2 UR1 with Clustering supported installation, just change
step 4 from the above installation

% lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup-cluster.xml
OR for Windows:
% lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup-cluster.xml "

hth
Shreedhar