users@glassfish.java.net

Ubuntu, Glassfish, MySQL, Java stack on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 21:00:01 PDT

Hi

I've put together a tutorial on setting up Java, Glassfish and MySQL on the latest Long Term Support version of Ubuntu Server. I'd appreciate any feedback from those interested (esp feedback relating to security!) - <a href="http://www.greatwhiteit.com/web/guest/technology-blog/-/blogs/ubuntu-glassfish-mysql-java-stack-on-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx-server">Ubuntu, Glassfish, MySQL, Java stack on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Server</a>. All the commands are carried out on a headless server over SSH to make things easy for an admin. I used a VMWare Virtual Machine for convenience with instructions on <a href="http://www.greatwhiteit.com/web/guest/technology-blog/-/blogs/thirty-screenshots-to-install-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx-server">installing Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Server</a> in a previous post - gain any tips for improvements greatly appreciated as I'd like to use this on a production server.

Cheers!
-Garry
[Message sent by forum member 'garryd']