users@glassfish.java.net

How to create 503 for default glassfish webpage

From: Dominik Dorn <dominik.dorn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 14:39:20 +0200

When I need to restart glassfish, it takes over a minute for my apps to load.
In this time, glassfish shows the glassfish v3 default website.

The problem is, that this page sends some header saying the the client should
cache the page, leading to clients seeing the page even after my app is fully
loaded (they need to press CTRL-R to really get rid of it, and most clients are
too dum.. not enough educated for this).

Also search engines that happen to access the page during the App-load time
get to see this page and probably index it and/or remove other pages currently
not accessible.

What I want is, that the default web should print a 503 temporary unavailable
page to _every_ request while the Application is loading, so search
engines don't remove
my pages from the index and clients simply reload after a time and get the
real pages.

Any suggestions?

thanks.

kr,