users@glassfish.java.net

Re: IOP00410216: (COMM_FAILURE) Unable to create IIOP listener on the specified

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:26:26 PDT

Could there be a firewall rule on your system that treats 3700 as a susceptible port and therefore blocks accesses? I have seen such rules for 3700 from time to time, and I suppose it could manifest itself as previous bind to that port when the ORB in GlassFish tries to open it although usually I've seen that as a failure from client side trying to connect to the server's ORB.

When you said that you didn't see anything with that port open, was that with netstat or something similar?

Just a thought.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']