users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GFv3 WebStart failed on Windows client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 06:37:38 PDT

GlassFish 3.0.1, our so-called "100-day release," is planned to be the first release containing the fix. The nightly and promoted builds for that release, available from the downloads page, already contain the fix. (By the way, this problem is not specific to Windows or any other platform, nor is it specific to launching app clients using Java Web Start. It is tied to changes in the Java SE implementation that appeared in Java SE 1.6.0_16.)

The promoted builds of GlassFish 3.0.1 pass a significant suite of tests. Depending on what you mean by stable, that might or might not be sufficient.

The site glassfish.org/roadmap contains links to a slidecast presented in March 2010 that talks about proposed release dates for GlassFish 3.0.1 and 3.1. A formal patch release that addresses this specific problem is a possibility for customers of GlassFish 3.0 who have support contracts.

I expect you were hoping for a different answer, but I hope this at least helps to explain where things stand today.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']