users@glassfish.java.net

Re: problems while deployment in case of two domains

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:09:27 +0200

On 19 avr. 2010, at 14:51, shreyasd wrote:

> hi
>
> when i try the coomand you suggested
>
> - asadmin --port 4848 deploy clusterjsp.ear
>
> it gave me a error illegal command name port

Hmmm, that's a new GFv3 syntax so are you sure you're using the correct 'asadmin' binary?
What does "asadmin version" say ?

% asadmin --help

Utility Commands asadmin(1M)

NAME
     asadmin - utility for performing administrative tasks for
     Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server

SYNOPSIS
     asadmin [--host host]
     [--port port]
     [--user admin-user]
     [--passwordfile filename]
     [--terse={true|false}]
     [--secure={false|true}]
     [--echo={true|false}]
     [--interactive={true|false}]
     [--help]
     [subcommand [options] [operands]]

> how to deploy ona particular domain using asadmin?

by "talking" the its dedicated admin port (4848 or 9048 in you case)
you can also deploy remotely using the --host or -H options.

-Alexis