users@glassfish.java.net

Filters and Servlets

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 05:20:51 PDT

Hello,

I have an application that I am writing, and I need to do the following:
1. HTML form in .jsp file submits data that contains filtering criterias for my XML file
2. Next I need to process submitted data and apply data filters to that XML file according to the submitted data.

[i][b]Should I use Filters for filtering or can I do it in a Servlet?[/b][/i]
I already have a working application, but I am very interested putting all in their place,
right now Servlet takes post data from request and according to them applies filters to my XML file.
Then Servlet displays the filtered XML as HTML.

Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'urmas']