users@glassfish.java.net

GF V3 MySQL JDBC connection ping not possible

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:53:43 PDT

Upgrade from GF V2 to GF V3

Created a jdbc connection to a remote mysql database with the following properties

url=jdbc:mysql://x.x.x.x:3306/XYZ
user=root
password=XXXX

When I click the ping button from the GF V3 admin console I never get a working result.
The same configuration with the GF V2 is working fine.
Also with the tool MySQL-Administrator I can connect remotly to the mysql database without any problems. So I think there are no firewall problems also no access problems from the mysql configuration.

Also GF V3 Prelude was working fine with the same configuration.

I can't understand anymore what the problem is.

Maybe someone can help me to figure out the problem
[Message sent by forum member 'merschi']