users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Servlet 3.0 and files under /resources/

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 08:59:14 -0700

Dominik Dorn wrote:
> Hmm... I actually meaning $contextPath/resources/

Thanks for clarifying.

The subject of your email was a little misleading then. :)

The ability to package static and JSP resources in the
META-INF/resources folder of a JAR file inside the WAR's WEB-INF/lib
folder was added in Servlet 3.0, and therefore the combination of
"Servlet 3.0" and "/resources/" in your subject line made me believe you
were talking about that feature.

> ( where e.g. jsf
> looks up the custom resources)
> Sometimes stylesheets or some small files take forever to load,
> although they are
> just a few bytes big.
>
> E.g. the little picture
> (forum-bubble.png ~620 bytes)
> attached to this mail sometimes takes forever to load.
>
> Glassfish has a built-in cache for static files... could the problem be there?

Are you noticing the delay only when you access a resource for the first
time, or also during subsequent access?

I assume you are not noticing any delay when accessing any resources
outside /<context-root>/resources?

Thanks,

Jan