users@glassfish.java.net

problems with the embedded maven launching of webapp

From: Gregory Gerard <ggerard_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 14:11:00 -0700

I've had a lot of problems in general getting it going. Since my webapp has a persistence unit, it needs a datasource.

So I'm using the stock domain1 with my datasource added in.

However, the embedded version of glassfish seems to be missing grizzly-comet.

I found this out when I kept getting launch errors about the classpath not having the Comet async stuff.

The culprit:
            <http default-virtual-server="server" max-connections="250" server-name="" comet-support-enabled="true">

Changing this to false make the problem go away but means embedded GF is no longer the equivalent of jetty:run.

Is there a workaround for this? I'd like to the domain for test match the domain for production as faithfully as possible.

thanks,
greg