users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Exception while loading the app : java.lang.RuntimeException: EJB Container

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 11:53:21 PDT

What's in your server.log when the deployment failed?

I looked at your web.xml and it references 3.0 which is ok (as long as it's later than 2.5). So it's not the same problem as the other issue in your case.

I tried to deploy the built ear directory, first it told me could not find jdbc/employee, so I added this resource. Then I got this:
com.sun.enterprise.admin.cli.CommandException: remote failure: Exception while preparing the app : org.glassfish.deployment.common.DeploymentException: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.1.0.v20100311-r6779): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [EmployeePU] failed.
Internal Exception: Exception [EclipseLink-7161] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.1.0.v20100311-r6779): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException
Exception Description: Entity class [class model.EmailsView] has no primary key specified. It should define either an @Id, @EmbeddedId or an @IdClass. If you have defined PK using any of these annotations then make sure that you do not have mixed access-type (both fields and properties annotated) in your entity class hierarchy.

Is this what you got too?
[Message sent by forum member 'hzhang_jn']