users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: JEE 6 / Glassfish v3 / Eclipse - JPA Entity Manager Issues

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 21:31:43 PDT

I guess you would say that is what I am trying to create.

However, my EntityManager is always null. Thus whenever I call em.persist(entity) or em.merge(entity) I get a null pointer exception. I've read on other forums this is due to the fact that the annotations used are not able to inject the proper code. However, I have no clue why.

I guess 2 questions are:
A) Am I using the right annotations?
B) Is my persistence.xml setup properly to use the JTA method? (ie, the jdbc/RDF resource I setup in Glassfish v3 admin console, which again does successfully ping the MySQL database)
[Message sent by forum member 'iceman3479']