users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish with apache PHP

From: Major Péter <majorpetya_at_sch.bme.hu>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:05:56 +0200

Hi,

> Can I install glassfish V3 in the same machine without breaking what we have already, and still use mysql for the java app? I do not mind to have glassfish on 8080, but If i could have both on 80 it will be better.

Yes, you can.

If you want them on the same port, then you could try out Querces, a PHP
interpreter for GlassFish, so your PHP files would run on GlassFish too,
and there is no need to run the Apache.
But if you have complex rewrite-rules, then you might want to consider
using AJP, or HTTP Proxy on the Apache, like that the Apache will proxy
the requests to the Web Application in your GlassFish.

Regards,
Peter