users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Connection Pool issues with GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 23:42:04 PDT

Hi Guys...

The 'Class name is wrong or classpath is not set for: com.mysql.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource
' problem has been solved. I did the following:

In did a comparison of the following location in both the Win XP and Win 7 machine:

C:\Program Files\glassfish-v2.1\domains\domain1\lib

In the win XP machine, the above location contains the following:

applibs (folder)
classes (folder)
databases (folder)
ext (folder)
derbyclient.jar
mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar

However in Win 7, the two jar files were missing. I copied them over. I was than able to ping. When I run the web app from Netbeans, it worked the same way it did in Win XP. Thanks for the help guys. However what I dont understand is why when I run the web app from netbeans in the Win XP machine, I am being asked to do a localhost login while I am not when I do the same in the Win 7 machine?....
[Message sent by forum member 'javaislife']