users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Connection Pool issues with GlassFish

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:39:47 -0400

1)you'll want at min the 5.1.11 Connector/J release as the original 5.1 had a bug in "Cannot use loadbalance with MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource"
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=48486
fixed in 5.1.11

2) there are 2 64bit specific distros for linux and fedora..(not sure if there is a Wintel release as of yet)..you may want to hunt for this distro
http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/epel/5/x86_64/Distribs.html

3)for the nearterm try to run mysqld,mysql and any MySQL clients in windows32 compatibility mode
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

you may consider subscribing and asking this question on mysql users list (although they seem to be bouncing more messages lately than providing answers)

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql

anyone else?
Martin Gainty