users@glassfish.java.net

Connection Pool issues with GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 05:46:18 PDT

Hi Folks...

I have posted this in another forum, but there hasn't been any response yet, so I am posting it here too. I was developing a java web app in a winxp machine and am now moving the work to a windows 7 machine. The tools I am using are Netbeans 6.5.1, MySql5.1 and Glassfish v2(bundled with netbeans).

I am having difficulty with the connection pools in the Windows7 machine. I created a connection pool, but when I ping, I am getting the following error:

[b]
Class name is wrong or classpath is not set for: com.mysql.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource
[/b]

I understand that normally this could mean that the jdbc-driver for MySQL is missing. However I wonder how this could be possible as I can connect to the mysql database via netbeans( under 'services ->Databases) and execute queries. The connection pool I set in the glassfish server in the Win 7 machine is identical to the one in the WinXP machine, but the the WinXP connection pool works fine, as in the ping is sucessful. I hope someone can advise me on what could be the problem. Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'javaislife']