users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using Glassfish 3 in production

From: Barry van Someren <barry_at_bvansomeren.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:14:49 +0100

Hi,

The HTTP-threads will make a difference, you need to test this with
JMeter though.
Also, you can use +UseLargePages and setup Hugepages in Linux, but it
didn't do much for our app. (I used this blog:
http://andrigoss.blogspot.com/2008/02/jvm-performance-tuning.html keep
in mind that they got the calculations wrong, use this site to
calculate the right settings http://www.peuss.de/node/67)
We also use -XX:+UseTLAB

I do recommend using the latest JVM, it did bring up performance by
another 20% (most likely the NUMA enhancements and the String concat
changes)

Regards,

Barry