users@glassfish.java.net

Messages stops being delivered to MDB (GF 2.1.1 + ActiveMQ 5.3.0)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:46:59 PDT

I have a setup with a Message Driven Bean that throws an Exception each time it receives a message on its message queue (for testing purposes). The transaction is then rolled back and the message is put back on the queue.

If I then put 500 messages on its queue, then only 100 messages gets delivered to the MDB - after that no more messages gets delivered, eventhough they are more pending on the queue.

The redelivery plan is to redeliver only once after 10 mins. So after 10 minutes, the failed messages gets redelivered to the MDB. In the mean time, no messages are delivered to the MDB.
But after 10 minutes, the 1st failed message is redelivered, the MDB throws an exception again, and the message is moved to the Dead Message Queue. The 101st message is now delivered to the MDB, an exception is thrown and it is put back on the queue. This is followed by a redelivery of the 2nd failed message and a delivery of the 102nd message. This continues until all messages has been moved to the DMQ.

Where does this limitation of 100 failed messages come from? Is there any way of configuring a way out of this?

Best regards,
pcoltau.
[Message sent by forum member 'pcoltau']