users@glassfish.java.net

JSF 2.0 classes inside a jar not working (not being found)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:21:50 PDT

Hi there,
i have a strange situation using Glassfish V3. If I put my JSF classes (I annotate the with @Named and @RequestScoped) they are not recognized. I get the following empty message in log:

[#|2010-03-23T01:00:26.911+0100|INFO|glassfishv3.0|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=28;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|nullID: /Users/icordoba/Sites/cervatOH2Web/ CLASSES: []

If I unpack the jar into /WEB-INF/classes/ dir, they are recognized and they also work OK in my JSF files. Not if I put them in /WEB-INF/lib/archive.jar

I am using EJBs in the jars packing them inside the web WEB-INF/lib as now can be done in EJB3.1 standard and they are deployed right. The problem seems to be only with classes that should be recognized and used in my JSD 2.0 facelets.

Thanks for any idea. I am sure I must be missing something when packing them in the jar, but I don't understand howcome expanding the jar directly into classes/ dir makes them work.

Ignacio
[Message sent by forum member 'icordoba']