users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V2.1 Shutdown when idle for 2-3 hour

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 07:15:06 PDT

Alexey

Thank you for your help. I have looked for hs*.log files in the entire Glassfish installation directory and found nothing. I just checked the /tmp as well and still nothing. Very interesting behavior.

I can now reproduce this problem every single time - the server only stays up for a few minutes - it actually seems to die when I close the terminal window I used to start the domain, which does not make any sense as i am using startserv or asadmin which starts daemon processes.

I am in the process of upgrading the JDK - unfortunately I am not at liberty to do this myself. I also am having the system administrator reinstall my domain. There are other domains on this server having no issues at all, although I do see similar messages in their jvm.log files.

The server.log file is attached. Also I am attaching a jvm log file with thread information for one time when the server did hang.

so without any hs*.log files, the belief is that a kill -9 is being used?

Regards
Brenda
[Message sent by forum member 'bcoulson220']