users@glassfish.java.net

FacesCompenent Annotation not working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 05:57:47 PDT

Hello,
I have a facelet tag class and a mytag.taglib.xml in the META-INF directory to specify the tag.

taglib.xml:

<facelet-taglib>
    <namespace>http://www.test.nl/test</namespace>
    <tag>
        <tag-name>label</tag-name>
        <component>
            <component-type>test.label</component-type>
        </component>
    </tag>
</facelet-taglib>

my uicomponent class I have annotated the class with
@FacesComponent("test.label")

I did this so I don't need a faces-config.xml file to specify the components and the classes.

If I have this setup in one web project it is working, but if I put the facelet tag class and taglib.xml in separate jar file this ain't working anymore.

The only way to get it working again is to add also a faces-config.xml to the project and define the components there also.

Is it correct that the FacesComponent annotation is not processed when in an other jar then the project which is using it?

Johan
[Message sent by forum member 'jcstover']